Homemade CBD Oil for Edibles, Tinctures, and Vape Juice | Serene Tree
As the world opens up to various CBD products and its benefits, it can be difficult to know where you should get it from, but what about creating it in your own home? A seemingly daunting task, but luckily, it’s simple to make yourself using base ingredients. There are many ways to use CBD oil, however, Cannabidiol (CBD) oil tinctures are the most popular way to consume CBD. They are convenient and portable, and most importantly easy to use.
What is CBD?
CBD is a cannabinoid that comes from the cannabis plant, whether that is hemp or psychoactive cannabis, more commonly known as “Marijuana.” CBD and other cannabinoids work with and mimic neurotransmitters, allowing CBD to aid in sleep, mood, anxiety, pain, and more! In turn, creating a variety of ways to consume Cannabidiol such as CBD oil for tinctures, edibles, and vape juice, for the benefit of people's health.
- Flavoring of your choice!
- Medium-chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil
- CBD Isolate Powder
- Propylene Glycol (PG)
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
Making CBD Oil Tincture
- Step 1: Combine flavoring of your choice and MCT oil to taste (For flavoring concentrates that we sell, you will be looking for a 20 to 1 MCT oil to flavoring ratio).
- Step 2: Add CBD isolate powder to desired mg strength (We sell isolate powder in 1 and 5 gram increments). For example, if you wanted 500mg tincture, you would add half, etc.
- Step 3: Cap the bottle and shake well until CBD isolate has completely dissolved into the mixture.
Making CBD Vape Juice
- Step 1: Combine flavoring of your choice and PG to a third total bottle volume in a glass or heat proof container.
- Step 2: Heat mixture by placing glass or heat proof container over boiling water until hot to touch but not boiling.
- Step 3: Once hot add desired CBD isolate (as seen above in Making CBD Oil) and remove from heat.
- Step 4: Stir CBD isolate until it is completely dissolved in PG/Flavoring mixture.
- Step 5: Allow to cool to room temp and add remaining VG.
- Step 6: Shake well and enjoy!
Making CBD Oil Tincture From Scratch
- Step 1: Time to prepare you hemp! Grind down the hemp to fine pieces. Get out a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place the grinded hemp onto the sheet. Bake at 220 degrees fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. This process transforms CBDA into CBD, called decarboxylation.
- Step 2: Fill a glass container with everclear or another high-proof alcohol. Mix your now baked hemp flower into the alcohol.
- Step 3: Let the container sit sealed for a few weeks, preferably somewhere cold such as the freezer or fridge. During this time, shake the container daily. If you want it quick, a quicker method is to warm the container in a water bath starting at cold and slowly heated on low heat (make sure the container is glass).
- Step 4: Strain the mixture using a cheesecloth into a jar, vial, or bottle. Keep the container in a cool place and mix before using.
In short, creating your own CBD oil tinctures and vape juice using our product is easy to do at home. Both processes take a short amount of time and you’re on your way to the benefits of consuming CBD, right from home. The third process, although longer, works great for those already stocked up on hemp and waiting to use it. Good luck and enjoy!
The information contained on the Serene Tree website on this article is for general information purposes only. Serene Tree assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents of the process.
In no event shall Serene Tree be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of this process or the contents of this process. Serene Tree reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents of the process at any time without prior notice.